Senior Manager, Markets Enforcement | Sydney
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Manager, ME - 20190429.pdf (PDF, 131KB)
- Lead a team responsible for high profile investigations and litigation
- Permanent opportunity, Sydney CBD location
- Salary from $142,641 to $169,387 + 15.4% superannuation + performance bonus
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Teams in the Markets group ensure trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by regulating infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
Markets Enforcement investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of the Corporations Act and Market Integrity Rules. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action through the Market Disciplinary Panel
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to:
- Lead and manage team performance to achieve business plan objectives
- Provide strategic input, motivate, coach and advise team members
- Sponsor, manage and provide strategic guidance in the investigation of matters through to successful completion
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to achieve agreed regulatory outcomes
- Measure and monitor workflow and provide progress reports to enforcement leadership and the Commission
- Undertake ongoing analysis of processes/procedures and implement continuous improvement changes
- Build and maintain key relationships with external stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will have significant experience managing a diversely skilled team. Your skill set will encompass coaching for development, providing strategic direction and setting stretch targets to ensure outcomes are delivered. A subject matter expert, you will have senior experience in planning, conducting and managing complex regulatory investigations, litigation and compliance monitoring activities. Prior exposure to financial services investigations will be advantageous.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a confident public speaking manner are also essential, as is holding a relevant bachelor's degree.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please feel free to contact Molly Choucair, Group Senior Manager on 02 9911 2825.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.