Senior Specialist, Investment Managers | Brisbane
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL 2 - Senior Specialist, Investment Managers.pdf (PDF, 114KB)
- Salary from $142,641 - $169,387 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus
- Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane location
- Ongoing opportunity
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Investment Managers team is responsible for supervising all Australian Financial Services (AFS) licensees who are licensed to act as responsible entities (REs), investment managers, custodians, platform operators, managed discretionary account (MDA) providers and trustees of wholesale funds. Our scope of work includes conducting risk-based surveillance and seeking regulatory outcomes, applications and advice, policy setting and law reform affecting our regulated population.
As a Senior Specialist, you will be required to:
- provide technical leadership and strategic advice on issues related to managed investment schemes, investment managers, and custodial services providers to improve consumer outcomes and raise standards in the industry
- manage complex projects and identify approaches on regulatory issues to address significant consumer harm
- develop the thought process around how best to respond to emerging and new areas of managed investment work, in consultation with the Senior Executive Leader
- lead research on matters relevant to the wealth management sector. Analyse the implications of those findings for ASIC's regulatory activities and develop recommendations
- liaise with stakeholders in the wealth management industry, government, industry groups and other regulators and the consumer sector, and represent ASIC as required
- provide coaching and support to team members, encouraging appropriate levels of research and/or analysis of issues to achieve a high standard of work, and
- maintain own knowledge on emerging developments in wealth management and managed investments.
You are already a leader in the field and are looking to make a broader contribution to the community. To be considered for this role, you will have extensive experience at a senior level in the investment management industry, coupled with extensive knowledge of Australian financial markets, and financial services regulation and policy. You will have extensive experience in a licensed financial services entity, professional services firm or regulator. Your experience will encompass managing high-level transactions or cases, making sound, evidence-based judgements and delivering results in a complex business environment. You will also have a demonstrated ability to manage and provide strategic direction and mentoring to high-performing teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a confident public speaking manner are also essential, as is holding a relevant bachelor's degree.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.