Policy Analyst, Insurers | Sydney
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Policy Analyst - Insurers - ASIC4 - 201908.pdf (PDF, 110KB)
- Salary from $81,427 to $91,268 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Sydney CBD location
- Permanent opportunity
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
ASIC's Insurers team has primary responsibility for the supervision of general and life insurance providers. The team's policy, analysis, research and surveillance work improves outcomes for consumers and industry, and contributes to ASIC's vision of a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. The team also actively engages with stakeholders to understand and facilitate innovation in consumer financial services.
As a Policy Analyst, you will be required to:
- interpret, develop and review policy and regulatory guides relating to the regulation of general and life insurance
- conduct research and analysis to support new policy and/or law reform
- prepare draft reports, briefings and discussion papers for review by Insurers Senior Management Team
- examine behaviours and practices to identify risks of consumer harm
- propose solutions to regulatory problems, and influence behaviour to improve outcomes for consumers
- provide expert advice on more complex areas of policy relating to the insurance sector
- represent ASIC in discussions with external stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in developing policy and guidance, coupled with knowledge of regulatory framework and current issues facing the general and life insurance sectors. Your analytical and problem-solving capabilities will enable you to reach sound judgements, and your strong communication skills mean you will be skilled at presenting complex information to a range of target audiences.
A bachelor's degree in law, business, finance, economics, commerce, statistics or mathematics is essential. A comprehensive understanding of the law relating to the financial services industry or extensive insurers industry knowledge is also an advantage.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.