Data Analyst | Sydney
|Attachments:|| Position Description - SI - ASIC4 - Data Analyst-Data Scientist - 20190910.pdf (PDF, 125KB)
- Salary $81,427 – $91,268 (dependent on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Sydney CBD based role
- Initial 12 months contract
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
ASIC's Strategy Group, which is central to ASIC's strategic direction and policy setting, comprises five core teams: International Strategy, Strategic Intelligence, Financial capability, the Behavioural Research and Policy Unit and Strategic Policy.
ASIC's Strategic Intelligence team provides clear and actionable research that promotes evidence-based decision making by our people. The team offers a range of general and specialist research skills to help detect misconduct and better understand financial markets and products.
As a Data Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- using data analysis to address research questions
- manipulating, cleaning and exploring data in preparation for analysis
- analysing structured and unstructured data using statistical or machine learning approaches
- developing data products and automations to increase efficiencies and deliver insights
- designing and producing reports, statistics and ad-hoc analytics
- communicating analytical findings, including through reports, briefings, presentations and data visualisation; and
- supporting ASIC surveillances, investigations and major projects.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics.
- Experience as a data analyst, ideally gained in a corporate, consulting, government or academic environment.
- Ability to think about and solve problems, coupled with strong business acumen.
- Knowledge of statistical or machine learning techniques is desirable.
- Experience in a programming language such as R or Python is preferred.
- Ability to interpret analysis results and present findings.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.