Data Analyst | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - SS - ASIC 4- Data Analyst - ES 201909 (002).pdf (PDF, 113KB)
- ASIC is seeking a Data Analyst
- $81,427 to $91,268 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Ongoing position based in Sydney
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Evidence Services team is responsible for the processing, analysis and management of evidence received by ASIC. The team provides evidence collection, management and analysis services using various databases and litigation support tools to assist Enforcement and Stakeholder teams to locate and present evidence in court or in other decision-making bodies.
- Conduct data mapping from various data sources.
- Standardise and cleanse new data sources and to automate the ingestion of these data sources into IBM i2 Analyst Notebook.
- Work with business users to develop processes that incorporate the use of IBM i2 to increase efficiencies.
- Conduct user training, data verification and functional testing.
- Produce documentation in relation to requirements, test cases and processes.
- Apply Visual Analysis techniques to portray complex information in an easily digested manner.
- Develop a superior understanding of business intelligence products and how they can be utilised within the business.
- Solid experience in formal data and business analysis in high profile program/project environments.
- Knowledge and skills with IBM i2 Analyst Notebook.
- Good understanding of ASIC data sources and business processes.
- Excellent stakeholder management, liaison skills and experience in a support role requiring technical problem-solving skills.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.