MS SQL Server DBA | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - EL 1 - MS SQL Server DBA.pdf (PDF, 109KB)
- $106,709 to $113,868 + 15.4% superannuation plus performance bonus
- Sydney based role
- Non-ongoing, 18-month contract
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
As a MS SQL Server DBA, you will contribute to the work of the IT Operations team by:
- Ensuring efficient and effective operation and administration of approved database management systems and software products.
- Developing and maintaining standards, procedures and programmes to ensure the integrity, security and backup of approved ASIC databases
- Monitoring the performance of the databases and take appropriate action to optimise both database and application availability and response times
- Providing technical support and advice to application development teams, project managers and IT service providers as required
- Writing reports. documentation and operating manuals
- Providing inputs to strategy and direction for the database management environment
- Working with the Infrastructure design team and developing the road map for delivering key technical capabilities meeting business needs
- Working with project teams, business and service delivery teams on a day-to-day basis, and
- Being available to work occasional after hours and weekends.
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology is desirable.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge, including Foundation Level Version 3 training is required.
- Exposure to Microsoft SharePoint, CRM Dynamics and Data Analytics platforms will be highly regarded.
- Expert experience with MS SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS essential
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2017 will be good
- Experience with SQL Database Clusters and Always-On availability groups
- Experience with SCOM and other monitoring tools
- Experience in Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Experience in development and implementation of operational standards and procedures for database systems and programming environments
- Ability to effectively present complex information to different target audiences both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
Now is a very exciting time to be joining ASIC. On 17 September 2018 the Senate passed legislation so that from 1 July 2019, ASIC will no longer be part of the Australian Public Service.
Instead, ASIC will employ staff under the ASIC Act. This means greater flexibility in the way in which ASIC employs its staff.
ASIC offers flexibility and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. To learn more about starting a career with ASIC, refer to the ASIC Careers Guide which is located on our Careers at ASIC website.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance.
Australian citizenship is also required.