Microsoft ETL Developer | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - EL1 - ETL Developer.pdf (PDF, 102KB)
- $106,709 to $113,868 + 15.4% superannuation plus performance bonus
- Sydney based role
- Non-ongoing, 18-month contract
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Data and Reporting team deliver a wide range of services to all business units within ASIC. From traditional BI and operational reporting to graph databases, data mining and open source technologies. We make use of the latest technology focusing on data sharing and analytics, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets
As an ETL Developer, you will be required to:
- Integration of current Production systems into the newly built Data Warehouse
- Development of Data Warehouse & Reporting solutions including ETL, data analysis, data marts & deployment activities
- Provide level 2/3 production support and system maintenance, including analysis and resolution of defects
- Contribute to the development, management and application of the Data Catalogue of curated data sets
- Creation of technical documentation to support related development and analytic initiatives
As a valued member of the team, you will also:
- Undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- Work professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of ASIC, and model the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork
- Undertake reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
- 3+ years' hands on experience as an ETL developer using MS Integration Services SSIS
- Proven data warehouse architecture knowledge including Data Modelling, Dimensional modelling, Scalability, MDM, Data Vault & Business Vault
- Extensive MS SQL / T-SQL coding experience including triggers, stored procedures, Type 2 SCD, full-text indexing and query optimisation
- Visual Studio Data Tools in a source-controlled environment, ideally using GIT
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) & Dev ops, automated builds and deployment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience in resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries.
Now is a very exciting time to be joining ASIC. On 17 September 2018 the Senate passed legislation so that from 1 July 2019, ASIC will no longer be part of the Australian Public Service.
Instead, ASIC will employ staff under the ASIC Act. This means greater flexibility in the way in which ASIC employs its staff.
ASIC offers flexibility and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. To learn more about starting a career with ASIC, refer to the ASIC Careers Guide which is located on our Careers at ASIC website.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance.
Australian citizenship is also required.