BI Solution Designer | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - EL1 - BI Solution Designer.pdf (PDF, 114KB)
- $106,709 to $113,868 + 15.4% superannuation plus performance bonus
- Sydney based role
- Non-ongoing, 18-month contract
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Data and Reporting team deliver a wide range of services to all business units within ASIC. From traditional BI and operational reporting to graph databases, data mining and open source technologies. We make use of the latest technology focusing on data sharing and analytics, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets
This role, as part of the Reporting and Analytics Delivery Team, is to deliver and maintain BI solutions on the Reporting and Analytic platform. This role will require you to work closely with business stakeholders and translate their requirements into highly performant, reliable and scalable self-service BI solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- BI application development including development of reports, dashboards, data exploration and visual analytics using existing (QlikSense and MS SSRS) and emerging tools
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modelling
- Maintenance and enhancements to the Enterprise Data Model
- Provide system administration and user support, including handling BAU calls, providing user training, internal communications and release implementations
- Perform system testing and UAT support
- Ensuring the systems and data are available to the business, within SLA criteria
- Creation of technical documentation for development and support
- Improve IT systems/services to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Develop end-to-end understanding of the applications and business processes being supported
As a valued member of the team, you will also:
- Undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- Work professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of ASIC, and model the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork
- Undertake reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
- 5+ years of experience implementing BI solutions including design, development, performance, evaluation, modification, security, backup, version control, and quality assurance.
- Expert knowledge and skills in relational and dimensional data modelling, process modelling and performance tuning
- Extensive experience with analytical and reporting principles, methodologies and tools such as QlikSense (preferred), Tableau, Cognos BI, etc.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server platform is preferred (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Experience working with structured and semi structured and unstructured data types
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology and agile development
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to clearly communicate technical details to business
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries
It is essential that the successful candidate possesses a strong track record developing and supporting solutions using modern analytical tools such as QlikSense (preferred), Tableau etc. Some background in advance analytic solutions such as SAS, R, Python would be advantageous. The candidate will need to have well developed communication and people skills as they will be working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Now is a very exciting time to be joining ASIC. On 17 September 2018 the Senate passed legislation so that from 1 July 2019, ASIC will no longer be part of the Australian Public Service. Instead, ASIC will employ staff under the ASIC Act. This means greater flexibility in the way in which ASIC employs its staff.
ASIC offers flexibility and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. To learn more about starting a career with ASIC, refer to the ASIC Careers Guide which is located on our Careers at ASIC website.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance.
Australian citizenship is also required.