Senior Executive Leader | Sydney
|Attachments:|| Position Descripton - ME - SS - Senior Executive Leader - 201910.pdf (PDF, 129KB)
- Markets Enforcement
- Competitive SES Total Remuneration Package
- Sydney CBD location
- 3-year permanent contract
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Markets Enforcement team investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of the Corporations Act and Market Integrity Rules. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action through the Market Disciplinary Panel.
As a Senior Executive Leader, you will lead the Markets Enforcement team, working closely with other leaders within the Office of Enforcement. You will be accountable for the effective use of investigation and enforcement powers to deter behaviour that threatens market confidence. You provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure investigations and litigation deliver outcomes consistent with ASIC's strategic objectives.
As a Senior Executive Leader, you will be required to:
- develop and execute the annual business plan for Market Enforcement and determine the ongoing strategic direction of ASIC as part of the Senior Executive Leadership team
- provide strategic leadership to drive appropriate enforcement strategies and oversee the caseload of enforcement matters
- develop thought leadership on strategic responses to new and existing matters and identify appropriate regulatory strategies to influence behavior of the regulated population
- manage the budget, resources and people so the team is well placed to deliver on annual plans
- lead a national team to its full potential.
Ideal candidate for this role would have extensive experience at a senior level in the prosecution or defence of complex enforcement actions in a regulatory environment. We are looking for someone with exceptional strategic and analytical sills, and an ability to lead people through change and positively influence the culture and capability of a team. You are required to have a Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline to undertake this role.
You must be an Australian Citizen.