Strategic Communications Adviser - Consumers Team | Sydney
|Position Type:||ASIC Act|
|Attachments:|| Position Descripton - FC - EL1 - Strategic Communications Adviser - 20191009.pdf (PDF, 135KB)
- Do you have a diverse communications background? Do you enjoy leading projects that make a difference?
- Do you want a join a team with a new Consumer Engagement Strategy that's about to embark on an ambitious program of work aiming to help Aussies manage their money?
- Salary $106,709 – 123,432 (dependent on experience) + 15.4% superannuation and bonus. Sydney CBD location. 18 months role with potential to become permanent.
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Financial Capability - ASIC is the lead agency for financial capability policy.
The Financial Capability team is part of ASIC's Strategy Group and is responsible for the National Financial Literacy Strategy and delivers key consumer messages and programs that help Australians take control of their financial lives.
Sitting within the Financial Capability team, the Consumers team leads and coordinates projects and activities under the National Financial Literacy Strategy and ASIC's MoneySmart program.
As a Strategic Communications Adviser, you'll be required to:
- Lead/coordinate/support the development and implementation of communications projects
- Lead MoneySmart's social media team
- Work with stakeholder teams to development communications plans.
- Coordinate communications across the Financial Capability team
- Lead projects relating to the MoneySmart program
- Use research, insights and data to inform your work.
We are looking for someone with project management skills and knowledge and the latest social media engagement trends. You will need to be skilled in how data informs your work and can make strategic decisions and communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will be collaborative, and action focused and driven to help people because you care about making a difference in the world.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.