Evidence Services Site Manager | Melbourne
|Attachments:|| PD - SS- EL 2 -ES Site Manager - ES - 201909 (3).pdf (PDF, 196KB)
- ASIC is seeking an Evidence Services Site Manager
- $120,883 to $132,646 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Ongoing position based in Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Evidence Services team is responsible for the processing, analysis and management of evidence received by ASIC. The team provides evidence collection, management and analysis services using various databases and litigation support tools to assist Enforcement and Stakeholder teams to locate and present evidence in court or in other decision-making bodies.
- Manage a large multi-functional team with diverse skills and expertise to deliver consistent outcomes in a high demand service delivery environment.
- Provide expert technical leadership and coaching to the local Evidence Services team which provides a range of evidence collection, evidence processing and evidence management practices & support services.
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to internal and external stakeholders on evidence management techniques that support the filtering, analysis and presentation of evidence for the best legal outcomes.
- Develop strategies to implement process improvement in a digital environment, maintain professional standards in terms of technology and methodologies used in evidence management and eDiscovery.
- Drive a high-performance team culture with a focus on delivering ASIC's key priorities by encouraging and rewarding hard work, innovation and team orientated thinking.
- Oversee complex evidence processing tasks and undertake where required, brief preparation, data import/export, and electronic file remediation using early case assessment and litigation support tools such as Nuix, Ringtail and related technologies.
- Experience managing a team including coaching for development, monitoring workflows, providing strategic and tactical direction and setting stretch targets to ensure outcomes are delivered.
- Experience managing stakeholder and service delivery expectations, responding to complex enquiries and resolving issues as they arise.
- Qualifications in business, law, data science or information technology or substantial relevant work experience, technical training and management of multifunctional teams is required.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.