On-site Support Engineer | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - IT - ASIC4 - Onsite Support Engineer.pdf (PDF, 72KB)
- 12 month contract
- Provide high quality customer focused IT engineering support
- Work in a collaborative environment with senior team members and manager who will assist with your development
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As an Onsite Support Engineer, you will be:
- Provide second level support for ASIC's systems and Production Environment including collaboration with other IT resolver groups in the completion of Remedy SD jobs.
- Actively participating in project activities, national roll-outs, offsite support, major initiatives, etc.
- Undertake quality customer service and onsite support in Sydney as well as across Australia in accordance with agreed Service Levels.
- Mange ticket queues and subsequent resolution actions.
- Develop the relationship with business stakeholders including those in various locations.
- Improve first call resolution by providing technical guidance to first level help desk technicians.
- Maintain, update and support mobile devices including Microsoft Surface devices, iPads and iPhones.
- Assist with Interstate support coverage if required.
- Proven experience in a Service Desk and technical support role.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology. Exposure to virtualisation technologies, especially VMware suite of products. Exposure to and use of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience providing guidance and support to business users, troubleshooting issues and delivering services within SLA timeframes.
- Experience participating on discrete projects, including providing technical expertise.
- Experience providing guidance in remote sites.
- Demonstrated quality written and oral communication skills, and excellent stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Experience in support of operating systems i.e. Lotus Notes, Active Directory 2012 Server, Win7 and Win10 Desktops, MS Office and Remedy Action Request are desirable
- Exposure and working knowledge of VMware and virtualised environments highly desirable.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.