|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Operational Risk - EL2 - Senior Manager - 20161221.pdf (PDF, 76KB)
- Lead ASIC's operational risk management activities
- Be a driver of change
- Sydney based opportunity
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our Internal Audit and Operational Risk team works with ASIC's Commission and senior management, developing and advising on the operational risk management framework, facilitating risk management activities and assessing the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance frameworks and ASIC's compliance with legislative and internal policies.
As the architect and leader of our operational risk framework, you will apply your risk and compliance expertise to:
- develop the maturity of, and continuously improve ASIC's operational risk management policies and practices
- engage with senior executives and management to integrate operational risk management practices into business processes
- design and facilitate operational risk assessment processes and workshops and promote operational risk and fraud awareness across ASIC
- provide advice and guidance on operational and fraud risk management to internal stakeholders
- support the effective operation of the Operational Risk Committee including making presentations, preparing reports, developing and interpreting metrics and overseeing completion of action items
- optimise the use of ASIC's risk and disclosure system to facilitate best practice operational risk reporting and disclosure, and
- act as a champion for change for embedding a risk aware culture across ASIC.
To be successful in this role you'll enjoy cultivating long-term relationships with senior risk committee members and partnering with business stakeholders to provide advice and business insight. You'll have an analytical mindset and be able to support conclusions with metrics.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.