|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - MS - Compliance Officer - 20170105.pdf (PDF, 77KB)
Compliance Officer – Market Supervision team
- Play a lead role in supervising the conduct of investment banks and market participants
- Combine your love for compliance and organisational skills in this multifaceted role
- Sydney or Melbourne based
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
This role is based in the Market Supervision team. The team is responsible for ensuring fair and efficient operation of financial markets by supervising conduct of market participants, investment banks and securities dealers ("intermediaries"), and their compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
As a Market Supervision Compliance Officer, you will use your administrative and research skills to:
- Provide assistance to the Market Supervision team on a range of activities including contract administration and tasks associated with administering the market integrity rules.
- Manage vendor system licences.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, papers and submissions on a broad range of issues.
- Provide meeting support such as preparing agendas, collating papers and taking minutes, and assist with the organisation of team events and other tasks including record-keeping and maintenance of databases.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have a sound market awareness coupled with strong compliance and administrative skills. You will be experienced in analysing business and policy issues, and resolving stakeholder queries. Tertiary level qualification in finance, commerce, business or low would be advantageous but not mandatory.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to submit your application.