Analyst / Lawyer | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description- ASIC 4 Analyst_ Lawyer.pdf (PDF, 84KB)
- Do you have an eye for detail?
- This could be your opportunity to make a genuine impact on the Australian financial services sector.
- Salary from $76,730 – $86,004 plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing
Assessment and Intelligence (A&I) interact with many of ASIC's stakeholders in the course of performing A&I's key functions of licensing of Australian credit and financial services licensees, and professional registrations including auditors and liquidators, and receiving and responding to information received about misconduct, intelligence, and requests from overseas regulators.
As an Analyst/Lawyer you will:
- Assess moderately complex Australian Financial Services Licence applications and liquidator registration applications as per the Corporations Act
- Assess moderately complex Australian Credit Licence applications as per the National Consumer Credit Protection Act using established policy and procedures
- Carry out assessments of licensing related applications in support of licensing regime.
You will use your analytical skills to assess various licensing applications and break down complex information so it is easy to understand. You'll have experience in providing specialist advice and interpretation.
Tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance, law or economics is required
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.