Business Planning Adviser
Enterprise Planning and Performance Office
With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- ASIC is seeking a full time Business Planning Adviser to join the Enterprise Planning & Performance Office Team
- Experience in supporting multi-year business plans within a complex corporate or government environment with regulatory experience will be highly preferred
- You should be able to challenge and influence different business groups and be able to improve current business processes
- Permanent position based in Melbourne or Sydney
- Salary starting from $117,382 - $132,272 (plus 15.4% superannuation) depending on experience
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Enterprise Planning & Performance Office (EPPO) is a centre of excellence, co-ordinating and managing organisation wide projects and transformational change initiatives, providing project management governance and cross-ASIC program management and performance reporting. In addition the group is also responsible for ASIC's business planning process.
The Business Planning team leads the development of business plans that translates strategic objectives into tangible initiatives delivered over the financial year/s. The team ensures that ASIC follows a ‘best in class' approach to business planning and delivery methodology. It is responsible for providing the organisation with a business planning process that is fit for purpose and enables the organisation to be responsive to changes in its operating environment.
As a Business Planning Adviser, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting ASIC's organisational strategy through leadership and coordination of business planning.
- Assisting with the development of a business planning framework and guidance materials, to drive consistency in ASIC business planning processes.
- Supporting define and develop future business plans and strategy that meets the long-term goals of ASIC.
- Collaborating with teams across ASIC to build capabilities in business planning and performance reporting against business plan activities.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Economics, Business Management, or other relevant discipline.
- Experience in leading and/or supporting development of strategic or business plans in a regulatory, government or complex corporate environment.
- Experience in measuring business plan progress and outcomes and preparing insights reporting, at an organisational wide level.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to engage and work with senior executives. Providing well written papers for Senior Executives and Leaders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence and articulate complex technical matters to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to work to meet deadlines while managing several competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on Monday 4 December 2023.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.