Manager - IT Contracts | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IT - EL2 Manager, IT Contracts - 20170202.pdf (PDF, 201KB)
Manager – IT Contracts
- Can you empower people to reach their full potential?
- Inspire, lead and mentor a team of specialised IT procurement professionals
- Sydney based
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
In this role, you will apply your technical expertise in IT Procurement and leadership skills to:
- Manage the procurement process in accordance with ASIC's IT strategic direction and the PGPA Act
- Manage a team of procurement specialists to deliver procurement support
- Consult with the CIO, Project Managers, Senior IT and Business Manager to define and implement relevant procurement strategies
- Negotiate terms and conditions in complex contracts
- Manage ASIC IT panels, renewals and new contracts, including preparation of IT panel and non-panel Requests for Tender and Requests for Quotation, drafting new contracts/orders and creation of purchase orders
- Review procedural reforms to identify opportunities for improvement
- Prepare and review procurement spending proposals and recommendation reports
You come with a wealth of experience working on major IT procurement activities including contract negotiation, vendor management and contract management. You are a people leader, with a track record of leading a specialised team of IT Procurement professionals to deliver specialist advice regarding the Commonwealth Procurement Rules and PGPA legislation. The ideal applicant will have a tertiary qualification in Law or Commerce.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.