Security Analyst, Protective Security | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description- ASIC4 Security Analyst, Protective Security.pdf (PDF, 141KB)
Security Analyst, Protective Security
- Do you have an eye for detail?
- Sydney based, 6 months, non-ongoing role
- salary from $78,265 - $87,724 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Security Services team develops, implements and monitors ASIC's security policy framework to ensure the security and safety of ASIC's people, information and physical environment. The Protective Security and Intelligence team is responsible for providing a safe working environment by managing ASIC's physical security measures including the security monitoring systems, alarms and security guards
As a Security Analyst, you will be
- assisting in building a security culture within ASIC by managing governance of the Protective Security Policy Framework and associated government standards
- undertaking investigations into physical security incidents, perimeter breaches and risks to security zones including liaison with the National Monitoring Centre and external security specialists to ensure a safe environment
- liaising with government agencies, enforcement agencies, precinct and base building security groups and ASIC's security specialists to gather and analyse intelligence, monitoring security alerts and report issues and provide recommendations to the Agency Security Advisor.
You will apply your analytical and investigative skills to discern critical information and strategic issues concerning physical security incidents. You will be required to articulate complex information to assess security matters to generate reports and recommendations. A comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework would be valued.
Relevant tertiary qualification in protective security management, Certificate 3 or 4 in Government (Personnel Security) is highly desirable.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities and qualifications required for this role and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.