Senior Manager | Perth
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EWA - CCG - EL2 - Senior Manager - 201708.pdf (PDF, 80KB)
Position Description - EWA - MI - EL2 - Senior Manager - 201708.pdf (PDF, 80KB)
Senior Manager, Enforcement WA
- Lead ASIC's WA enforcement activities and empower people to reach their full potential
- Two roles: Market Integrity or Corporate Governance team
- Perth based positions available on a full time or minimum 4 days a week basis
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Enforcement WA investigates misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches within Western Australia in respect of corporate governance, market integrity and financial services laws. Enforcement WA consists of three teams: corporate governance, market integrity and financial services.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing, coaching and empowering a multi-skilled team to achieve our strategic objectives.
- Allocating workload within the team and monitoring effective and timely delivery.
- Maintaining and developing internal and external stakeholder relationships, and encouraging improved industry regulatory practice.
- Providing accurate technical and strategic advice in relation to suspected misconduct. For Market Integrity: suspected misconduct related to insider trading, market manipulation, continuous disclosure and misleading and deceptive conduct. For Corporate Governance: suspected misconduct by corporate and financial gatekeepers such as directors and company officers.
You will be an inspiring people manager who has experience setting strategy and stretch targets and developing team members to reach their potential. You will have senior experience in planning, conducting and managing complex investigations and criminal and/ or civil proceedings. For Market Integrity: you must have strong exposure to technical and complex market integrity investigations. For Corporate Governance: you must have strong exposure to complex corporate governance investigations. These positions require a tertiary level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Accounting, Finance, Law, Economics or Commerce, or equivalent professional experience in a senior enforcement role.
How to apply
Please specify which position you are applying for when submitting your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.