BI Developer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL1 - IT - BI Developer - 201710.pdf (PDF, 80KB)
- Can you draw insights and create recommendations to drive key business decisions?
- Combine your love for technology and people skills in this multifaceted role
- 18 month fixed term contract, Sydney based
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. The BI & DWH team provide a number of services to all business units within ASIC. From traditional BI and operational reporting to graph databases, data mining and open source technologies, we make use of the latest technology focusing on data sharing and analytics, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
In this role, you will apply your "hands on" technical expertise and analytical ability to:
- Assisting with deployment activities and supporting DEV, SIT, UAT and PROD phases of BAU releases/projects.
- Create reports and analytics with OLAP technologies - Cognos, Qlik, Tableau, Microsoft (PowerBI, SSAS, SSRS)
- Create and modify ETL schemas in a variety of leading tools - Informatica, Microsoft SSIS
- Develop, enhance and deploy advanced SQL code, stored procedures, triggers and indexes in MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle
- Creating technical documentation to support related database development and reporting systems.
- Provide level 2/3 production support and system maintenance.
You will come with a wealth of experience as an end to end BI developer, delivering solutions from raw data to end user dashboards. You must have an advanced knowledge of SQL, including SQL stored procedures and Type 2 tablets. Critical to your success will be your ability resolve complex client and stakeholder related queries. Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology are essential.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.