Data Analyst / Data Scientist | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Strategic Intelligence - Data Analyst .pdf (PDF, 73KB)
Data Analyst/Data Scientist
- Opportunity to influence business decisions through data analysis
- Work with unique questions and data to help deliver better consumer and enforcement outcomes
- 18 month fixed term contract, multiple positions, Sydney and Melbourne locations
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Strategic Intelligence team is one of the core teams in ASIC's Strategy Group and undertakes economic, financial and consumer research on products, markets, participants, institutional frameworks and developments of interest to ASIC. This includes applying data analytics to identify and understand emerging trends and risks.
This is the perfect opportunity to make a significant contribution to ASIC as a regulator by driving data analytics discussions and initiatives across our teams.
In this role, you will apply your analytical ability and critical thinking to:
- work in a team of data analysts / scientists to identify and assess evolving trends, emerging risks and systemic misconduct in financial services and markets
- scope, identify and establish data analysis methodologies to address research questions
- design and advise on processes to collect, manipulate, clean and explore data
- analyse structured and unstructured data using statistical or machine learning approaches
- communicate analytical findings, including through reports, briefings, presentations and data visualisation
You will have strong analytical and statistical modelling skills and experience. You'll thrive on partnering with people in the business to develop data driven strategies and support their operational data analysis.
Bachelor degree in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics is required.
We have a number of fixed term contract roles on offer at the ASIC4 – Executive Level 1 classification. Non-ongoing opportunities will be for a period of 18 months. Salary will range from $78,265 - $118,639 (depending on your experience) and up to 15.4% superannuation.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.