Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - AI LIC - Analyst ASIC 4 - 201711.pdf (PDF, 86KB)
- Do you have an eye for detail?
- This could be your opportunity to make a genuine impact on the Australian financial services sector.
- Melbourne based, Salary from $78,265 to $87,724 plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing
Assessment & Intelligence comprises of a number of specialist teams including Licensing, Misconduct and Breach Reporting and Small Business Compliance and Deterrence. The Licensing team administers and assesses applications relating to Australian Financial Services Licences and Australian Credit Licences, as well as professional registrations for auditors and liquidators.
As an Analyst you will be:
- assessing applications for Australian Financial Services Licences under the Corporations Act and Australian Credit Licence applications under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act. This work will be focussed on applications of a kind that are considered to generally involve a moderate to higher level of relative complexity
- providing recommendations and preparing documentation for refusal of a licence
- handling and supervising enquiries from internal and external stakeholders related to licensing matters, including those involving moderately complex to complex issues, assessment and decision making
You possess strong analytical, organisational and communication skills that enable you to critically and effectively evaluate licence applications in a high volume environment. A tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance, law or economics is required. Relevant market knowledge and exposure to financial services is highly desirable.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.