Information Management Technical Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - CS - ASIC4 - Information Management Technical Analyst - 201712.pdf (PDF, 135KB)
Information Management Technical Analyst
- Are you a subject matter expert in providing technical support for information & record keeping systems?
- Combine your love for technology and people skills in this multifaceted role
- Sydney based, fulltime, salary from $78,265 plus up to15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Information Records Centre (IRC) provides services that contribute to the gathering, management and storage of information and records at ASIC. The IRC consists of Library and Research Services, Intelligence Support and Information & Records Management. Information & Records Management supports ASIC's record keeping principles by maintaining information systems that capture and control information, establish and implement controls that make ASIC's records secure, accessible and archived appropriately.
In this role, you will apply your technical expertise analytical ability to:
- Perform technical support and system administration for ASICs recordkeeping systems
- Provide advice to management and participate in developing technical information and records management practices
- Undertake business analysis relating to specialist information and records management tools
- Apply Records Authorities, archiving and disposing of records (physical & electronic)
- Oversee, support and undertake research in response to internal and external requests for information.
- Provide assistance in interpreting data for statistical analysis.
- Review and present user education and training programs in physical and electronic information & recordkeeping practices
You are a known subject matter expert when it comes to providing technical support to end users for information and records management systems, ideally with experience in Sharepoint. You have sound working knowledge of compliance with archival standards and relevant legislative requirements including the Archives Act 1983, Digital Continuity 2020 Policy and Privacy Act. You are skilled at investigating and resolving stakeholder and system issues. The ideal candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Management, Information Technology or Archives Administration.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.