Manager Internal Audit | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL1 - IAOR - Internal Audit Manager - 201801 (3).pdf (PDF, 73KB)
Internal Audit Manager
- Are you an experienced, high performing, internal audit manager?
- High visibility role for a strong communicator who wants to make a difference
- Apply your financial services experience to regulatory processes
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Internal Audit team sits within a combined Internal Audit and Operational Risk unit, reporting directly to ASIC's Audit Committee and to the Commission's Chairperson. . The Internal Audit team's role is to assess the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance frameworks and ASIC's compliance with legislative and internal policies and to advise management and the Commission on the implementation of cost effective and practical risk management solutions.
Lead and conduct end to end financial, performance and compliance audits, to determine compliance with ASIC's processes, policies, guidelines, professional and industry standards.
An experienced member of the team, you will quickly develop your understanding of ASIC's business and develop internal networks so that you are able to engage and influence stakeholders during the internal audit process.
- lead and conduct internal audits, across ASIC business units. This includes scoping of internal audits to ensure they target key risk areas and delivering internal audit projects to budgets and deadlines
- manage the planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow up on financial, performance and compliance audits
- work with staff from ASIC's co-sourced providers, as assigned, on individual internal audits
- provide advice and agree management action plans with business unit management for financial, performance and compliance issues
- prepare written reports outlining findings and agree appropriate action plans with management, providing advice where necessary
- actively monitor the implementation of agreed management action plans
- undertake procurement and onboarding activities relating to ASIC's co-sourcing partners
- provide input into the development of the annual internal audit plan, and
- actively contribute to the optimisation and continual improvement of audit methodology and procedures.
This is a key role in the Internal Audit Team. We seek an individual who has solid experience delivering high quality internal audits in the financial services sector. The successful individual will possess a broad understanding of financial markets and /or regulation and will be comfortable managing, developing and guiding the business as well as building productive stakeholder relationships. Significant experience in presenting complex information and solutions to different target audiences is crucial.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached Position description for more information or click ‘apply' to submit your application.