Analyst | Perth
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC4 - Analyst - Compliance and Relationship Team - 20180131.pdf (PDF, 75KB)
- Immerse yourself into a varied and challenging analyst role
- Ongoing permanent role, conveniently based in Perth CBD
- Competitive salary from $78,265 - $87,724 (depending on experience) plus 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Market Conduct is a team within the Market Supervision unit under the Market Integrity Group (MIG). MIG ensures trust and confidence in Australia's financial markets by regulating infrastructure providers, market participants, retail OTC derivatives providers and investment banks as well as trading on listed and OTC markets. This includes market surveillance and enforcement of the Market Integrity Rules and the Corporations Act. The Market Supervision team seeks to ensure fair and efficient financial markets by supervising the conduct of intermediaries in listed and over the counter markets including their trading and capital raising activities. The Market Supervision Market Conduct Team is responsible for supervising the conduct of market participants and investment banks by undertaking engagement (Relationship team) and surveillance activities (Compliance team). This role is a dual role that sits under the Market Conduct team, with shared duties across both the Relationship and Compliance teams.
In this role, you will:
- Provide analysis, evaluation, guidance on technical and policy issues relating to compliance with regulatory requirements, including recommending approaches or solutions to issues detected
- Develop and maintain intermediary relationships including being the first point of contact for intermediary engagement
- Ensure compliance by our stakeholders with the Corporations Act, Australian Financial Services License conditions and the Market Integrity Rules
- Undertake surveillance activities and project work to ensure identification of risks and compliance with the law, including onsite visits and desk based reviews
You will possess a working knowledge of the Market Integrity Rules, Corporations Act and Australian Financial Services License conditions. You will have attained tertiary qualifications related to finance or business with demonstrated similar experience in the financial services industry. Ideally, you will be able to participate in multi-skilled project teams, identify emerging issues and risks and be able to assist in formulating strategies to address them.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.