Markets Technology Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - MI - Markets Technology Analyst - 201712.pdf (PDF, 166KB)
- Utilise your highly advanced analytical skills to deliver on projects
- Permanent on-going opportunity located conveniently in Sydney CBD
- Competitive salary from $70,705 - $78,265 (depending on experience) plus 15.4% superannuation.
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Market Integrity Group (MIG) ensures trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by looking at infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
MIG comprises of the Market Infrastructure, Market Supervision and Market Enforcement stakeholder teams. Market Infrastructure is responsible for supervising licensed market infrastructure providers. The Market Supervision team is responsible for participant supervision and conduct as well as market surveillance. Market Enforcement is responsible for actioning enforcement activities emerging from supervision and surveillance activities or alternate sources where there is non-conformance to compliance obligations.
You will be a valued member of the Markets Intelligence Team focussed on delivering data analytics solutions to support supervision activities; engaging with internal and external experts to assess implications of technology innovations in financial markets and to drive actions in areas such as cyber resilience and distributed ledger technologies.
In this role, you will contribute by:
- Focusing on specific projects to which you are assigned or on business as usual operational tasks such as technical support activities
- Ensuring project tasks are delivered within agreed timeframes and true to agreed budgets
- Addressing issues and risks as they arise, as well as escalation points for discussion with the wider team
- Exercising both initiative and sound judgement in how you approach your work, including evaluation of options and proposing approaches to deliver team, group level or ASIC-wide outcomes
You will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in any analytical subject paired with demonstrated practical experience in a similar type of role. The ideal candidate will demonstrate,
- excellent communications skills, an ability to think on their feet and communicate seamlessly with both business and technical stakeholders
- strong analytical skills
- an aptitude for software development
- experience and/or an understanding of financial markets would be highly regarded, as would any exposure to cyber resilience frameworks, data management and data analytics
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.