Investigator | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description - ME- EL1 Investigator 201802.pdf (PDF, 138KB)
- Support high profile investigations and litigation conducted on behalf of ASIC
- Opportunity to develop your career in a rewarding environment
- Fulltime ongoing position available based in either Sydney or Melbourne
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Market Integrity Group (MIG) ensures trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by looking at infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
As part of MIG, Market Enforcement investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of the Corporations Act and Market Integrity Rules. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action through the Market Disciplinary Panel and ASIC delegates.
As an Investigator you will make an important contribution by:
- Investigating suspected misconduct related to corporate governance, financial services and market integrity, including undertaking analysis of large data sets to identify data trends and anomalies.
- Assisting with litigation process by taking witness statements and affidavits, managing evidence data according to evidence management principles and compiling briefs to the CDPP.
- Assisting project teams to compile administrative briefs to ASIC delegates, and undertaking administrative tasks as required.
You will have experience in undertaking investigations in law enforcement or regulatory environment and ability to analyse complex financial data. You will display strong knowledge of computer based technology for information capture, data mining and analysis. Experience in accounting software will be highly regarded. You are required to have a tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline to undertake this role.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.