Senior Manager, IT Operations | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IT - EL2 Senior Manager, IT Operations - 201802.pdf (PDF, 140KB)
Senior Manager, IT Operations
- Lead our growing IT team in Sydney as we embark on a technology transformation
- Full-time ongoing position, conveniently based in Sydney CBD
- Competitive annual salary with generous superannuation contributions of 15.4% and the potential to receive additional annual bonus based on performance
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
In this role, you will use your technical expertise and management skills to:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight of the IT Operations team
- Develop and maintain a service oriented culture that provide high quality, reliable and timely IT services, systems and support to the wider business
- Engage with Senior Executives to ensure that IT services are fully supporting organisational requirements
- Manage suppliers and vendors to achieve ongoing operational and administrative synergies including cost effectiveness
- Lead and manage employees in accordance with ASIC and APS guidelines.
- Provide technical training and mentoring as well as actively encourage the sharing of knowledge among other ASIC employees
- Consult and collaborate with all areas of IT including large programs of change currently being undertaken
- Display flexibility due to possible changes in scope of business requirements at any given time
The successful candidate will have strong experience in leading, managing and delivering IT Operations in medium to large scale organisations including demonstrated experience in managing budgets, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, vendor and contract management.
As Senior Manager, IT Operations you will have expert ability to inspire a sense of purpose and direction. Lead and coach a team of individuals, demonstrating inclusive team practices and an ability to deliver outcomes through others.
Advanced interpersonal skills, communication and stakeholder engagement is paramount to the success of this role. You will have an expert capability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to clearly communicate details to the wider business.
A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology or engineering would be desirable.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.