Oracle Database Administrator | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IT - EL1 Oracle DBA.pdf (PDF, 144KB)
- Join our growing IT team in Sydney as we embark on a technology transformation
- Fulltime 18 month fixed term contract, conveniently based in Sydney CBD
- Competitive annual salary with generous superannuation contributions of 15.4% and the potential to receive additional annual bonus based on performance!
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
In this role, you will use your technical expertise and analytical skills to:
- Provide effective and efficient operation and administration of database management systems and software products
- Develop and maintain standards, procedures and programmes to ensure integrity, security and backup of ASIC databases including performance
- Provide technical support and advice to developers, project manager and IT service providers
- Create & maintain documentation, operating manuals including report writing
- Display flexibility due to possible changes in scope of business requirements at any given time
As an Oracle Database Administrator you will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills with minimum 5 years' experience including expert experience with Oracle Database 11gR2 and 12c. The successful candidate must have experience writing Shell scripts and PL/WQL Stored Procedures including expert experience with Data Guard and ASM.
Knowledge of MS SQL, Mongo, and PostgreSQL is not essential but highly desirable.
Strong interpersonal skills, communication and stakeholder engagement is paramount to the success of this role. You will have an advanced capability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to clearly communicate details to the wider business.
A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in information technology or engineering would be desirable.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.