Data Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC4 Data Analyst 20180620.pdf (PDF, 76KB)
- Work independently and further develop your data analytical skillset in a regulatory environment
- Full-time permanent ongoing opportunity, based conveniently in either Sydney or Melbourne
- Competitive salary from $79,830 - $89,478 (depending on experience) with 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
ASIC's Strategy Group, which is central to ASIC's strategic direction and policy setting, comprises four core teams: International Strategy, Strategic Intelligence, The Behavioural Unit and Strategic Policy.
ASIC's Strategic Intelligence team provides clear and actionable research that promotes evidence-based decision making by our people. The team offers a range of general and specialist research skills to help detect misconduct and better understand financial markets and products.
As a Data Analyst, you will contribute to the work of Strategic Intelligence by:
- identifying and assessing trends, emerging risks and misconduct in financial services and markets
- scoping, identifying and establishing data analysis methodologies to address research questions
- designing and advising on processes to collect, manipulate, clean and explore data
- analysing structured and unstructured data using statistical or machine learning approaches
- communicating analytical findings, including through reports, briefings, presentations and data visualisation
We require an experienced Data Analyst with a demonstrated ability to think about and solve problems. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and manage multiple stakeholders by utilising high level communication skills. You will have experience in applying statistical or machine learning approaches.
You will have tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics. Experience in a programming language such as R or Python is preferred.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.