Security Analyst, Assessments | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| ASIC 4 Assessments Coodinator PD.pdf (PDF, 78KB)
Security Analyst, Assessments Coordinator
- Do you have strong attention to detail?
- Sydney based, ongoing role
- Competitive salary from $78,265 - $87,724 plus 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Security Assessment and Compliance team is responsible for managing a range of personnel security activities including processing pre-employment and ongoing suitability assessments. The team plays a vital role in identifying and mitigating insider threats while managing compliance with the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and ASIC's security policy framework.
As a Security Analyst, Assessments Coordinator you will:
- Assist with building a security culture within ASIC by managing governance of the PSPF and associated government standards
- Manage and process complex pre-employment and ongoing security assessments for employees and contractors, including vetting interviews, and investigations
- Collect, evaluate and analyse information from a variety of sources, including external agency data systems, personal interviews and reference checks to make recommendations on suitability of prospective and existing employees to hold a security clearance and ongoing suitability for employment
- Provide advice on the security clearance process, monitor and advise on progress in accordance with set procedures and service level expectations
- Liaise with government agencies, enforcement agencies, precinct and base building security groups and ASIC's security specialists to gather and analyse intelligence, monitoring security alerts and report issues and provide recommendations to the Agency Security Advisor
You will apply your analytical and investigative skills to discern critical information and strategic issues concerning personnel. You will be required to manage a team and articulate complex information to assess security matters to generate reports and recommendations. A comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework would be valued.
Relevant tertiary qualification in protective security management, and minimum Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel Security) is required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities and qualifications required for this role and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our Organisational Suitability Assessment and obtain a national Negative Vetting Level 2 (Top Secret) security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.