Markets Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| ASIC4 Surveillance Post Trade - Position-Description.pdf (PDF, 144KB)
- Be involved in market surveillance and ensure participant compliance with all relevant obligations
- Melbourne CBD based position, offering from $79,830 (depending on experience) plus 15.4% superannuation
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Market Integrity Group (MIG) ensures trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by looking at infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
As part of MIG, the work of the Market Supervision team is to ensure fair and efficient financial markets by supervising the conduct of intermediaries in listed and over the counter markets including their trading and capital raising activities.
The Market Supervision Surveillance Team is primarily responsible for real time market surveillance and for ensuring that those who participate in the market comply with all relevant obligations under the Corporations Act 2001, Australian Financial Services Licence regime and the ASIC Market Integrity Rules.
As a Market Analyst, you will be required to:
- Undertake surveillance and assessment of listed market misconduct, including administration of Continuous Disclosure, Insider Trading and Market Manipulation provisions.
- Engage in regular dealings with various stakeholders including self-regulatory organisations, particularly Australian Market Operators such as ASX and Chi-X.
- Research and analysis of emerging and current regulatory issues in relation to financial markets and assistance in the design and implementation of projects to address them.
- Conduct real-time market surveillance using the MAI surveillance system to identify serious market misconduct and breaches of ASIC Market Integrity Rules.
Ideally, you will hold a degree in finance, commerce, accounting or law, coupled with strong knowledge of the Market Integrity Rules, Corporations Act and Australian Financial Services License conditions. You will possess the ability to understand and analyse trading patterns whilst under pressure. Finally, you will be able to effectively present complex information to different target audiences through strong business writing and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the function of ASIC would be advantageous.
We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information or click ‘apply' to submit your application.