Analyst, Life Insurance | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL 1 - 2 - Analyst Life Insurance .pdf (PDF, 165KB)
Analyst, Life Insurance
- Use your industry expertise to contribute to the wealth management industry
- Use your analytical mind to evaluate compliance and surveillance activities
- Sydney or Melbourne based, full time, ongoing role
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Financial Advisers team is responsible for influencing AFS licensee and adviser behaviour to comply with the Corporations Act. It is also responsible for policy work in relation to the provision of financial advice in Australia.
The team's work includes conducting compliance surveillances on licensees, monitoring the outcomes of certain regulatory actions, liaising with industry stakeholders, and proactive project work relating to financial advice and regulatory policy. The Financial Advisers team works closely with other teams within ASIC on broad-based regulatory projects, as well as working with Enforcement teams to achieve regulatory outcomes.
As an Analyst, you will be required to:
- lead, monitor, and evaluate surveillances and compliance projects relating to life insurance distribution and advice to ensure compliance with the law, including onsite visits as well as desk-based reviews of material
- develop and provide high level analysis, guidance and strategic input on technical and policy issues relating to the provision of life insurance financial advice, the distribution of life insurance products, and compliance with regulatory requirements
- contribute to research and analysis on emerging regulatory issues in life insurance and to understand the characteristics, behaviours and needs of financial consumers
- liaise and consult with key internal and external stakeholders, industry groups and other regulatory bodies
You will need to be technically astute with Australian life insurance products and have an ability to apply sound judgement in a regulatory context. You will have a minimum of five to eight years of experience working within a life insurance business and enjoy working with complex material and engaging with stakeholders.
A Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, commerce, law or related discipline will be required for this role.
This position has the potential to be filled at the Executive Level 1 or Executive Level 2 depending on your experience and skills.
Analyst (Executive Level 1) - $104,617 to $115,340 plus up to 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus.
Senior Analyst (Executive Level 2) - $118,513 to $137,829 plus up to 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus.
Your application should indicate the salary level (e.g. Executive Level 1 or Executive Level 2) you are applying for.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.