DevOps Engineer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| PD - EL 1 DevOps Engineer - Cloud and Automation 201810 (1).pdf (PDF, 188KB)
DevOps Engineer – Cloud and Automation
- Manage DevOps toolsets, processes and automation
- $104,617 to $121,012 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Permanent position, Based in Sydney CBD
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The IT Operations team deliver and support a wide range of digital services to internal and external stakeholders. As part of a major business transformation underway, we are making use of the latest technology and focusing on embedding Agile and DevOps practices to build, test and release software faster and reliably. We have rolled out DevOps to most of our new platforms;
- Data warehouse
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Online forms engine
- Online portal and content management system
- Web API's
- manage DevOps toolsets, processes and automation supporting the software development lifecycle e.g. CI/CD automation
- work with Development & Operations teams to continuously improve software development agility, quality and process maturity
- create and maintain automated build/CICD pipelines
- support and maintain CI/CD toolsets e.g. Microsoft Team Foundations GIT, ProGet, Octopus Deploy
- ensure the system s and data are available to the business, within SLA criteria
- manage user access to the DevOps platform
- ability to work with unit testers to configure unit/application testing as part of CI/CD process
- configure and maintain application monitoring and alerting (Net, IIS, SQL, etc) using SCOM and other tools
- good understanding of applications tiering, application load balancers and firewalling
- A proven track record of at least 2 years in a complex DevOps environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with the Microsoft stack (.NET / MSSQL / TFS) and scripting skills (PowerShell) highly regarded
- Hands on working experience with Dev/Ops tools – Octopus, NDepend, ProGet, TFS
- Experience building and updating SCOM monitoring dashboards and confusing alerting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure & AWS technologies
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.