Lawyers and Investigators | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - FSE - ASIC4-EL1 Investigator - 201809.pdf (PDF, 115KB)
Position Description - FSE - ASIC4-EL1 Lawyer - 201809.pdf (PDF, 117KB)
- Enjoy looking for a needle in a haystack?
- Develop your legal, strategic, investigative and analytical skills
- Sydney CBD location
- Multiple full time roles both ongoing and contract
- Salary from $79,830 + 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Financial Services Enforcement investigates suspected misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of financial services and credit laws. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions, cancelling Australian financial services and Australian credit licenses and ban persons from engaging in financial services and credit activity.
About the role
The role will provide you with the opportunity to use and enhance your legal skills or investigative techniques on varied financial services cases. As an Enforcement Lawyer or Investigator, you will:
- conduct and project manage investigations;
- analyse and evaluate leads;
- apply your analytical and problem-solving skills when reviewing data, information and documents gathered in investigations;
- undertake legal research and provide legal advice;
- effectively obtain information from a range of witnesses;
- conduct high profile civil litigation matters;
- compile briefs of evidence for administrative hearings;
- prepare briefs of evidence for criminal matters; and
- build cooperative relationships with our diverse team of investigators, lawyers and financial analysts.
We recruit people with a variety of experience that extends beyond people with legal experience. If that's you, keep reading.
We are looking for people with an inquisitive mind and who enjoy casting a critical eye. We want you to bring your dedication and experience to assessing complex information to identify evidence. You will enjoy working in collaboration with your colleagues to solve problems and make recommendations using data.
You will have experience in litigation or investigation, prioritising work and be an articulate communicator who has excellent written skills. You will be adept in analysing and working with large volumes of digital information.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and seek people from a variety of education backgrounds including business, finance, accounting, and law.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.