Business Intelligence Developer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| BI Analyst.pdf (PDF, 147KB)
Business Intelligence Analyst
- This position requires both technical ability as well as Communication skills
- $104,617 to $115,340 dependent on experience plus 15.4% super annuation
- non on going 18 month role
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
The Data and Reporting team deliver a wide range of services to all business units within ASIC. From traditional BI and operational reporting to graph databases, data mining and open source technologies. We make use of the latest technology focusing on data sharing and analytics, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
This role, as part of the Reporting and Analytics Delivery Team, is to deliver and maintain BI solutions on the Reporting and Analytic platform. This role will require you to work closely with business stakeholders and translate their requirements into highly performant, reliable and scalable self-service BI solutions.
It is essential that the successful candidate possesses a strong track record developing and supporting solutions using modern analytical tools such as QlikSense (preferred), Tableau etc. Some background in advance analytic solutions such as SAS, R, Python would be advantageous. The candidate will need to have well developed communication and people skills as they will be working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- BI application development including development of reports, dashboards, data exploration and visual analytics using existing (QlikSense and Microsoft SSRS) and emerging tools
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modelling
- Maintenance and enhancements to the Enterprise Data Model
- Provide system administration and user support, including handling BAU calls, providing user training, internal communications and release implementations
- Perform system testing and UAT support
- Ensuring the systems and data are available to the business, within SLA criteria
- Creation of technical documentation for development and support
- Improve IT systems/services to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Develop end-to-end understanding of the applications and business processes being supported
- 3+ years of experience implementing BI solutions including design, development, performance, evaluation, modification, security, backup, version control, and quality assurance.
- Expert knowledge and skills in relational and dimensional data modelling, process modelling and performance tuning
- Extensive experience with analytical and reporting principles, methodologies and tools such as QlikSense (preferred), Tableau, Cognos BI, etc.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server platform is preferred (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Experience working with structured and semi structured and unstructured data types
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology and agile development
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to clearly communicate technical details to business
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.