Technical Support Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Technical Application Support Analyst.pdf (PDF, 149KB)
- $79,830 to $89,478 + 15.4% superannuation [and a performance bonus]
- Work within a supportive team and great company culture
- Sydney CBD location
The Data and Reporting team deliver a wide range of services to all business units within ASIC. From traditional BI and operational reporting to graph databases, data mining and open source technologies. We make use of the latest technology focusing on data sharing and analytics, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
- Assist with system maintenance, monitoring and user support across a diverse range of applications and business systems related to the data, reporting and analytics's team
- Contribute to the company's Knowledge Base by developing and maintaining documentation relevant to systems support, system administration, support procedures and training materials
- Maintain the company's ticketing system whilst ensuring incidents are handled within SLAs
- Assist with the development, testing and implementation of changes to systems, including changes arising from software upgrades or business improvement processes
- Liaise directly with users, and external clients, to troubleshoot and resolve various technical or ad-hoc requests
- Additionally, some out of hours / weekend work may be required for scheduled patching & deployments activities
- ITIL V3 certification or equivalent skills and experience in a level 2-3 Enterprise Support role.
- Hands on experience using Microsoft SQL and understanding of relational databases.
- Demonstrated strong client service orientation and commitment to the provision of high-quality user support services
- Technical knowledge of (nice to have): Apache Tomcat, Windows & Unix environments, PowerShell, Excel/VBA,
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.