Regulatory Technology Specialist | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - Regtech Specialist 10072019.pdf (PDF, 71KB)
• Strategic Intelligence team
• $106,709 to $123,432 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus
• Permanent - Sydney or Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
ASIC's Strategy Group, which is central to ASIC's strategic direction and policy setting, comprises five core teams: Strategic Intelligence, International Strategy, Strategic Policy, Financial Capability and the Behavioural Unit.
In the Strategic Intelligence team, you will be applying your research and analytical skills to understand products and markets, identify trends and assess and evaluate risks.
As a RegTech Specialist, you will make an important contribution to the Strategic Intelligence team by:
• providing advice and technical expertise on the design and implementation of concurrent sets of RegTech initiatives conducted in partnership with technology providers and industry participants
• developing relationships with stakeholders, industry groups and other regulatory bodies particularly regarding ASIC's RegTech initiatives
• work with business teams to scope, develop and assess appropriate problem statements for RegTech initiatives
• communicating analytical findings, including through reports, briefings, presentations and data visualisation
• providing expert support to stakeholder teams conducting operational data analysis
• assisting other business teams and working across ASIC on multi-disciplinary team projects
• contributing to the Strategy Group's ability to influence, persuade and lead ASIC thinking, processes and outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in business, finance, economics, information technology, or another quantitative discipline.
• Experience as a technology consultant or business analyst ideally gained in corporate, consulting or government.
• Regulatory experience is a plus but not mandatory.
• Understanding of FinTech, RegTech, or tech start-up environment in Australia.
• Ability to critically evaluate business problems and solve problems, coupled with strong business acumen.
• Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, industry groups and other regulatory bodies.
• Experience in effectively presenting complex information to different target audiences.
• Understanding of current economic and financial issues and their implications for ASIC in its role as a regulator.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.