Business Support Officer | Sydney
|Attachments:|| 20190618 PD - WMO Secretariat - Business Support Officer - ASIC3.pdf (PDF, 143KB)
- Financial Services Enforcement
- $68,048 to $78,002 (depending on experience) plus 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus
- Sydney CBD based
- 12-month contract
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Financial Services Enforcement investigates suspected misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of financial services laws and credit laws. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action to cancel Australian financial services and Australian credit licences and ban persons from engaging in financial services and credit activity.
ASIC's Wealth Management Enforcement, Major Financial Institutions (WME-MFI) team, sits with Financial Services Enforcement, is supported by a Secretariat team which provides governance, business management and reporting and data analysis services.
As a Business Support Officer, you will be required to:
- provide efficient administrative and business support to the work of the Secretariat team, including providing support to the preparation of governance meetings, including scheduling, organising audio/visual resources, managing attendance and assisting with preparing documentation and coordinating briefs;
- coordinate other internal and external meetings/events including invitation management, room booking, and organising audio/visual resources;
- coordinate requests and activities to support the WME-MFI team and Secretariat within defined timeframes, which may include preparation of group reports using agreed formats and structured guidelines;
- maintaining Secretariat governance registers;
- prepare draft procurement documentation in accordance with ASIC'S policy on procuring goods and services;
- undertake travel and accommodation booking management, including post travel and credit card acquittals;
- manage calendars including last minute and urgent diary changes with minimum disruption.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following:
- experience providing administrative and business support services;
- demonstrated organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, meet tight timeframes, manage competing demands, and maintain confidentiality;
- excellent customer service or internal stakeholder management skills;
- proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint and record management systems (SharePoint);
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously or with little direction, providing high level supporting to senior staff;
- demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication, with proven accuracy and attention to detail skills;
- ability to work autonomously and work effectively in a team environment.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.