Senior Analyst, Superannuation | Sydney
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Superannuation - EL2 - Senior Analyst Superannuation - 201907 (2).pdf (PDF, 113KB)
- ASIC's role in superannuation is being transformed! Bring your expertise to improve outcomes for superannuation consumers
- Executive Level role available for an experienced superannuation professional
- $120,883 to $142,641 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Superannuation team is responsible for the regulation of superannuation trustees and funds to ensure compliance with the law and promotion of good outcomes for consumers. The team's role focuses on the conduct obligations of trustees in their dealings with consumers, including disclosure, advice and complaints. This involves proactive and reactive surveillances, developing policy and providing advice in relation to policy to Government, publishing guidance and reports based on ASIC's regulatory work, considering applications for relief from legislative requirements and engaging with relevant stakeholders regularly.
The team is based in Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart. Travel is required.
As a Senior Analyst, you will be required to:
- Lead, monitor and evaluate risk-based supervision (e.g. surveillance, review, and monitoring) and compliance projects relating to superannuation trustees to ensure compliance with the law
- Develop, review and interpret policy and regulatory guides, including the strategic identification and implementation of future superannuation policy directions and reforms
- Liaise and consult with internal stakeholders, industry groups and regulatory bodies, anticipating and addressing key areas of interest
- Contribute to research and analysis on emerging issues in superannuation and to understand the characteristics, behaviour and needs of financial consumers in planning and managing their retirement
- Provide leadership in the assessment of complex matters such as applications for relief and assessments of disclosure, considering the regulatory impact of those decisions
- Analyse and draw conclusions from a range of qualitative and quantitative data, using evidence-based arguments to influence outcomes
- Coach and mentor IMS team members, and
- Maintain knowledge of ASIC's regulatory framework and toolkit, relevant legislative and reporting requirements, domestic and international developments and best industry practice model.
You will possess a bachelor's degree in business, economics, commerce, finance or law and sound knowledge of the regulatory issues relating to superannuation trustees.
You will be a strong strategic and analytical thinker who is big picture orientated and able to forecast trends and be passionate about lifting outcomes and performance for the superannuation industry.
You understand the complexity of the superannuation environment and how there is cross over between Government, ASIC, APRA and other industry bodies.
Your ability to create a story based on data analysis, advocate a certain position through presentation and persuade stakeholders within a contested environment will be highly beneficial.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.