Business Analyst | Sydney
|Attachments:|| PD - SS- EL 1 -Business Analyst - ES - 201909.pdf (PDF, 114KB)
- ASIC is seeking a Business Analyst
- $106,709 to $113,868 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Ongoing position based in Sydney
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Evidence Services team is responsible for the processing, analysis and management of evidence received by ASIC. The team provides evidence collection, management and analysis services using various databases and litigation support tools to assist Enforcement and Stakeholder teams to locate and present evidence in court or in other decision-making bodies.
- Lead a small team to identify and conduct data mapping from various data sources.
- Develop and document processes to standardise and cleanse new data sources and to automate the ingestion of these data sources into IBM i2 Analyst Notebook.
- Work with business users to develop processes that incorporate the use of IBM i2 to increase efficiencies.
- Develop an understanding of the types of regulatory work that would benefit from analysis
- Conduct user training, data verification and functional testing.
- Produce documentation in relation to requirements, test cases and processes.
- Obtain knowledge of Visual Analysis techniques in order to minimise the requirement for external consultants to produce explanatory materials for use in court.
- Develop a superior understanding of business intelligence products and how they can be utilised within the business.
- Upload/download data and undertake data quality checks.
- Communicate effectively in a multiple format to a variety of audiences, including to ASIC senior management and external forums.
- Solid experience in formal data and business analysis in high profile program/project environments
- Good understanding of ASIC (or other regulatory environment) data sources and business processes
- Excellent stakeholder management, liaison skills and experience in a support role requiring technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively present complex information to different target audiences both verbally and in writing
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.