Data Analyst / Data Scientist | Sydney
|Attachments:|| Position Description - SI - EL1 - Data Analyst-Data Scientist - 201909.pdf (PDF, 126KB)
- Apply your data analysis skills to address research questions
- Contribute to development of ASIC's data analytics and data science capabilities
- $106,709 to $123,432 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation and a performance bonus
- Sydney CBD location, permanent role
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
ASIC's Strategic Intelligence team provides clear and actionable research that promotes evidence-based decision making by our people. The team offers a range of general and specialist research skills to help detect misconduct and better understand financial markets and products.
As a Data Analyst / Data Scientist, you will contribute to the work of Strategic Intelligence by:
- identifying and assessing trends, emerging risks and misconduct in financial services and markets
- scoping, identifying and establishing data analysis methodologies to address research questions
- designing and advising on processes to collect, manipulate, clean and explore data
- analysing data using a range of approaches
- communicating analytical findings, including through reports, briefings, presentations and data visualisation
- contributing to the development of ASIC's data analytics and data science capabilities.
To be successful in this role you are required to have 5 years' experience and demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics.
- Experience as a data analyst/data scientist, ideally gained in a corporate, consulting, government or academic environment.
- Ability to think about and solve problems, coupled with strong business acumen.
- Experience in applying statistical or machine learning approaches. Experience in a programming language such as R or Python is preferred.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.