With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- ASIC is seeking two full time Category Officers to join their Category Procurement Team
- Salary starting from $84,717 (plus 15.4% superannuation) depending on experience
- Permanent positions based in Sydney and Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Procurement team is a consolidated procurement support area of expertise to propel efficient, visible procurement and contract management. The team provides category support for legal and professional services, oversight of high value/risk procurement, and an advisory and educational service to ensure a cost effective procurement process.
- Provide procurement support activities and advice within the legal, or professional services category in line with the category management plan, compliance frameworks, tendering and contract management requirements to maximise value for money across the procurement life cycle and deliver procurement outcomes to customers.
- Collaborate with the customer to deliver end-to-end routine procurements embedding consistent process, governance, risk management and probity and including:
- engaging with stakeholders to ensure requirements are clearly identified and addressed;
- identification of the appropriate procurement method to use;
- preparation of RFx and contract documentation;
- assessing and reporting on procurement risks;
- managing the release, addenda, close and supplier notifications;
- collation and distribution of responses and other information to the customer and evaluation team;
- collation of procurement evaluation documentation;
- preparation of recommendation reports and gaining the appropriate financial delegate approvals to ensure "value of money";
- supplier negotiation and preparation of contract/order documents;
- contract execution;
- registration of contracts.
- Proactively support customers in managing their contracts.
- Provide probity and process advice to customers during the procurement process.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or procurement certificates are desirable. Legal studies would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience providing operational support and advice on the end-to-end procurement life cycle including procurement strategy, planning, document development, evaluation, negotiation and contract management.
- Knowledge of government (state or federal) procurement policy framework and probity requirements.
- Demonstrated customer focus and attention to detail.
- Experience interpreting information to develop business requirements through strong business writing and engagement skills.
- Experience in assessing, analysing and resolving procurement and contracting issues enquiries and problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Keenness and speed to understand and work with customers to resolve procurement issues.
- Excellent relationship building skills and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex concepts and influence decision-makers.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on Monday, 24 January 2022.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.