With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- ASIC is seeking a Category Coordinator, to join their Procurement team
- Salary starting from $70,797 depending on experience (plus 15.4% superannuation)
- Permanent position, based in Sydney or Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Procurement team is a consolidated procurement support area of expertise to propel efficient, visible procurement and contract management. The team provides category support for legal and professional services, oversight of high value/risk procurement, and an advisory and educational service to ensure a cost effective procurement process.
- Undertake procurement support activities within the legal, or professional services category in line with the category management plan, compliance frameworks, tendering and contract management requirements.
- Create, maintain and close purchase orders and procurement contracts within ASIC's document management system and finance systems, for the procurement of specialist services required for the legal and/or professional services category.
- Collaborate with the customer to deliver end-to-end routine procurements embedding consistent process, governance, risk management and probity.
- Provide support on more complex procurements.
- Proactively support and guide customers in managing their procurements and contracts, including compliance with government and internal policies and procedures.
- Participate in the review, development and maintenance of policy and procedural guidelines.
- Provide support in procurement data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience providing operational support and advice on procurement activities including purchase orders.
- Knowledge of government federal procurement policy framework and probity requirements.
- Demonstrated customer focus and attention to detail.
- Experience interpreting information to develop business requirements through strong business writing and engagement skills.
- Experience in assessing, analysing and resolving procurement and contracting issues enquiries and problems.
- Keenness and speed to understand and work with customers to resolve procurement issues.
- Ability to work independently and be accountable for outcomes
- Good relationship building skills and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office and databases to process, store retrieve and report on information.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on Wednesday, 6 July 2022
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.