Team Leader Modern Workplace -M365 - Technology
With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- ASIC is seeking a full time Team Leader Modern Workplace -M365 - to join their IT Team
- Opportunity to manage and mentor the Modern Workplace team on building, enhancing, and delivering M365
- Minimum 3 years' experience in leading technical teams for site reliability engineering will be beneficial
- Permanent opportnity based in Sydney or Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. Digital Workplace Services (DWS) is part of the larger IT services team. We have embarked on a major digital transformation journey which will make ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as modern digital workplace, mobility & security and cloud, with an increased focus on data sharing, analytics and automation.
- Manage, lead, and mentor the Modern Workplace team on building, enhancing, and delivering Modern Workplace Services (M365 – outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint online, Lotus Notes, Modern Endpoint Management [co-management, Intune MDM], Windows 10/11 desktops and Azure virtual desktops, AD/AAD, desktop software packaging and deployments)
- Contribute to defining a fit for purpose strategy for Digital Workplace Services.
- Implement the approved strategy associated with Modern Workplace Services and contribute to the implementation of ASIC's wider Digital Workplace Strategy.
- Contribute to a greater adoption of Modern Workplace Services (M365) products by all ASIC staff.
- Manage team's resource allocation and financial recovery on BAU and project delivery activities.
- Provide appropriate resources to support the Operations Manager to maintain a stable operational state Qualifications
- Manage, measure and report on team's operational and project related activities
- Create a plan and execute to remediate out of appetite risks in the Modern Workplace Services environment
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with partners, key stakeholders, and clients of your services
- Identify and implement efficiencies in infrastructure through automation of design, build and operational functions (SRE framework)
- Identify and implement process efficiencies in the team with a continuous improvement mindset
- Be inquisitive, curious and possess the ability to learn new areas quickly and effectively
- Strong people & technology leadership skills with a minimum 3 years' experience leading technical teams for site reliability engineering.
- Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Expert level skills and experience with products and technologies aligned to your team's domain – certification desirable.
- Good understanding and experience with wider DWS technologies outside of your team's domain (Enterprise networks, Mobility & Security)
- Experience building and maintaining internal and external relationships, including influencing stakeholder divergent interests
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively develop content and present information to different target audiences both verbally and in writing (position solution options, form recommendations, influence decision making)
Ability to work autonomously and collaborate effectively in an agile environment with limited supervision and remain accountable for outcomes.
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology or related field is desirable
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.