Mid-level Java and PL-SQL developer
With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- Support Oracle application by building SQL queries, writing and trouble shooting Java based code and connectors
- Java experience in highly desirable
- Full time role, located in Sydney
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud.
- Help the Team by building SQL scripts which for purpose of data extraction out of the system.
- Support Oracle application by building SQL queries, writing and trouble shooting Java based code and connectors.
- Analyse, design, develop, test and implement interface changes according to ASIC's system delivery methodology (SDM), using Java technology
- Undertake business and technical support, code analysis, scripting and Java development (mostly code modification and troubleshooting)
As a valued member of the team, you will also
- Undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- Work professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of ASIC, and model the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwor
- Undertake reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT.
- Demonstrated working experience in mid-size to large size organization.
- Demonstrated experience in resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Expertise in writing complicated SQL queries.
- Java and Java Scripting development experience- Mid range (about 60-70% of the work would be Development).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Ability to self-learn and develop own skills.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.