With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- ASIC is seeking an experienced Editor to join our Corporate Affairs team
- Candidates interested in working full-time or part-time are encouraged to apply
- Position based in Sydney or Melbourne
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring.
We value those with sharp, analytical minds and who are open to challenging the way things are done.
This role sits in ASIC's Corporate Communications team in Corporate Affairs – part of ASIC's wider Communications group. Corporate Affairs is responsible for corporate communications, media relations, strategic communications campaigns, and employee communications.
Corporate Communications is responsible for creating and editing core content, reports and regulatory documents. The team produces content for Commissioners, manages corporate social media accounts and delivers whole-of-ASIC communications projects.
As an Editor, you will:
- provide editing and publishing services to regulatory teams and business units across ASIC
- edit complex regulatory information, reports and other documents for external audiences within tight timeframes
- consult with subject matter experts to plan and deliver information products that are clear, concise and accurate
- work with the Editing team to ensure products are produced in line with ASIC's templates, style guides, publishing standards and Australian Government accessibility requirements
We are looking for someone with proven ability to edit complex legal, technical or regulatory information efficiently, effectively and accurately.
Experience offering a range of editing services (style, substantive and plain language editing) is essential, along with an understanding of technical or legal editing and publishing processes.
You will have the ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts to produce clear and concise information products for external audiences, and demonstrate the ability to quickly adsorb new and complex materials.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on 6 July 2022.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.