Small Business Engagement and Compliance
With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- Do you have an investigative mindset and strong analytic capabilities?
- Join ASIC's Small Business Engagement and Compliance team and make a meaningful contribution to protecting small business in Australia
- Temporary (initial 18 months) role, Brisbane CBD location, salary $87,259 + 15.4% superannuation
Future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Small Business Engagement & Compliance team is responsible for promoting ASIC's vision for small business through engagement, assistance and protection for all small business in Australia. The role of the team is to conduct engagements, assessments and regulatory action (including compliance, surveillance, investigation and summary prosecution work) on reports of misconduct and breach notifications within the small business sector.
The purpose of the Investigator is to engage and assist small businesses to comply with their obligations and conduct assessments, surveillance and investigations on reports of misconduct and breach notifications within the small business sector, including corporations and persons managing corporations.
As a member of the Small Business, Engagement & Compliance team, you will be responsible for:
- conducting surveillance activities
- supporting the development of communication and engagement initiatives and contributing to increasing small business awareness
- developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- delivering effective regulatory outcomes including the assessment, review and investigation of matters
- compiling briefs of evidence, for successful criminal and/or administrative actions
- reporting on outcomes of investigations and recommending appropriate regulatory actions
- Experience conducting investigations and desk audits, including planning, interviewing, identifying evidential gaps, preparing briefs of evidence and writing reports and an understanding of criminal and administrative procedures.
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations preferred or equivalent experience.
- A tertiary qualification in business, commerce, law, accounting or other relevant tertiary qualification is desirable but not required.
- Ability to assess, analyse and resolve complex client and stakeholder queries
- Experience in interpreting guidelines, procedures, processes and checking adherence with legislation and policy
- Capacity to appropriately analyse and handle evidence and the ability to manage risks that could arise during an investigation
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project plan and reach objectives within time frames.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.