Business Planning Analyst
Enterprise Planning and Performance Office
With ASIC you are choosing to be a part of a collegiate and stimulating organisation that's transforming Australia's financial system.
Be the change that ensures a fair, strong and efficient financial system for the benefit of all Australians.
- ASIC is seeking a full time Business Planning Analyst to join their Enterprise Planning & Performance Office Team
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in business planning, measurement and reporting will be highly beneficial.
- Permanent position based in Melbourne or Sydney
- Salary starting from $89,651 (plus 15.4% superannuation) depending on experience
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Enterprise Planning & Performance Office (EPPO) is a centre of excellence, co-ordinating and managing organisation wide projects and transformational change initiatives, providing project management governance and cross-ASIC program management and performance reporting. In addition the group is also responsible for ASIC's business planning process.
The Business Planning team leads the development of business plans that translates strategic objectives into tangible initiatives delivered over the financial year/s. The team ensures that ASIC follows a ‘best in class' approach to business planning and delivery methodology. It is responsible for providing the organisation with a business planning process that is fit for purpose and enables the organisation to be responsive to changes in its operating environment.
As a Business Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting ASIC's organisational strategy and planning work through performance reporting and process improvement.
- Assisting with the coordination of the business planning process.
- Supporting stakeholders monitor business plans and performance across ASIC.
- Responding to enquiries and assist in troubleshooting questions and issues.
- Reviewing existing planning and reporting practices, processes and frameworks to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring key frameworks, processes and procedures are documented, including identifying areas for improvement and optimisation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Economics, Business Management, or other relevant discipline.
- Exposure and understanding of business planning process.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment in which ASIC operates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple streams of work and take responsibility for completing tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong written skills and ability to communicate with a senior audience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present complex information to varied audiences using strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is an equal opportunity employer seeking people who want to make a difference. ASIC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities, LGBTIQ+ identity, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent are encouraged to apply.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on Monday 4 December 2023.
At ASIC, we're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Our values – accountability, professionalism and teamwork – underpin everything we do.